After upgrading my server machines, I had some ‘spare parts’ left over which I repurposed as a gaming PC.
This PC is a mixture of new and used parts, in particular:
- ASUS H81M Motherboard
- Intel i5-4460 3.2 GHz processor
- 16GB DDR3 RAM
- MSI Radeon RX 570 (4GB) GPU
- Western Digital 120GB SSD
- Western Digital 1TB HDD
- Cooler Master 450W power supply
- Deepcool Matrexx 30 Micro ATX case
The result was a solid mid-range gaming PC with great price performance.
In gaming testing performance:
- Terraria: 60fps on high settings
- Planetary annihilation titans: 60fps
- Team fortress 2: 60fps high settings
- Star conflict: 250fps at high settings
- Risk of rain 2: 60fps on high settings
- Warframe: 60 FPS on High settings
- Subnautica: 100fps on high settings
- Star Citizen: stable 50-60fps on low settings
This was an easy sale, for significantly more than I could have got just selling the individual parts on the used market. Plus the satisfaction of giving old parts a new life – repurposing is the best form of recycling.